Subject: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 02:18:00

Hello,

I have recently released a new SQL Connectivity library:

General
-------

Documentation : http://art-blog.no-ip.info/sql/cppdb/
Mirror Docs. : http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/sql/cppdb/
Download : https://sourceforge.net/projects/cppcms/files/cppdb/

Features
--------

- Performance is the primary goal - make fastest possible
  SQL connectivity as possible
- Transparent connection pooling support
- Transparent prepared statements caching
- Dynamic DB modules loading and optional static linking
- Full and high priority support of FOSS RDBMS: MySQL,
  PostgreSQL, Sqlite3
- Support as many RDBMSs as possible via cppdb-odbc bridge
- Simplicity in use
- Locale safety
- Support of both explicit verbose API and brief
  and nice syntactic sugar

What it is not:
---------------
This is not ORM library and not supposed to be so.

This is something similar to what JDBC gives to JDK and QtSql gives
to Qt and more.

Boost Interest
--------------

Currently I'm think whether should I boostify it,
release it under BSL (currently it is LGPLv3) and
submit it for formal review in boost or shouldn't I?

Why do I ask, not because I'm thinking it is not good enough
but rather because I feel that the "boostification" effort
would be wasted at this point.

For about half a year ago I had submitted a Boost.Locale for formal
review, I use it under other namespace as part of CppCMS project all the
time and in fact I receive most request and bug reports for Boost.Locale via
CppCMS project and not via CppCMS.Locale so basically I have
to handle two projects and synchronize between them all the time,
and Boost.Locale is still stuck in review queue.

So does it worth the effort?

So before I do any steps forward may be it is better to
make sure it gets (or even passes the review) and then
boostify the library (which can be done very easily).

Regards,
  Artyom