Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 02:06:21

> Having seen Dean's question the next one which comes to my mind is: How is
>this different
> from OTL and why should I use CppDB over OTL? :)
>
> [...]
>
> Boris

I hadn't used OTL too much and studied it too deep but, as first shot:

CppDB supports MySQL, Sqlite3 and PostgreSQL natively and not via ODBC only.

And BTW usually ODBC drivers are total... nightmare.

Their implementation quality of many drivers is very low, because
ODBC is over-complicated - for example ODBC's Sqlite3 driver in
Debian Stable currently fails to handle transaction (it is clear
driver's bug)

Artyom