Subject: Re: [boost] Respecting a projects toolchain decisions
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-28 10:51:33

On 12/28/2010 6:00 AM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM, John Maddock<boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>> that trivial - albeit I do wish that Trac had an easier way to get from
>> folks real names to their SVN login name (we should probably have insisted
>> folks use their real name for this).

Assuming people put in their real names we do have a Trac report that
does just that <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/16>.

>>> 3. I'm not sure how the "single point of failure" comes into play, but
>>> centralized anything means that one thing goes down, then everything
>>> fails. I don't think I need to stress that point any more than I have
>>> to. ;)
>>
>> OK you win on that one ;-)
>>

> ;-)

Well... Centralized doesn't need to mean single point of failure. And
there's plenty of industry practice in making centralized and
fault-tolerant services.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything