Subject: Re: [boost] Stack-based vector container
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-28 23:46:40

On 28 December 2010 18:58, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yeah, an allocator with some internal storage that falls back to the
> heap when it's exausted would allow std::vector's to essentially use
> the "small string optimization."

Can you do that with just an allocator? How would swap work?

Now, if you have static_vector (or equivalent), you could build a vector
replacement out of that and std::vector.

(I've been toying with this too, but it is not yet ready for prime time.)

One other feature I'd like to see is a way to specify zero-initialized vs.
uninitialized for POD-types.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404