Subject: Re: [boost] Respecting a projects toolchain decisions (was Re: [context] new version - support for Win64)
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-29 16:56:38

On 12/29/2010 3:30 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> At Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:58:52 -0500,
> Stewart, Robert wrote:
>>
>> Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:

>>> I liked too. How many times I wanted to review a library, but didn't
>>> find any time in the two or three weeks they were being reviewed.
>>> Sometimes these libraries are in the review queue for much longer
>>> than that, and a review could've been possible before or even after.
>>
>> There's nothing stopping you from submitting reviews for any of the
>> pending libraries right now.
>
> Yeah, but there's nothing encouraging it either. It would be cool to
> have a system that made it more rewarding to write reviews of Boost
> libraries, in such a way that reviews would continue after the review
> period. Of course, that's mostly social engineering and someone would
> have to figure out how to accomplish it :-)
>
> Maybe if the reviews were more carefully archived and somehow viewable
> separately from everything else, that'd be a first step. Just
> thinking out loud, now.

Well.. This is actually a solved social network problem. The obvious way
to handle this is to post reviews to a web site in addition to the list
organized by libraries, of course. The reviews would be available
long-term and linked from the libraries listing (and the library
itself). Making it so people can vote on reviews, and hence meta-vote on
libraries, it might accomplish the social aspect. The immediate choice
would be to structure it like stackoverflow. Hence people have some
social competition impetus to do numerous quality reviews.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything