Subject: Re: [boost] compiling Boost boost_1_45_0 regex with icu (redhat).Aproblem and its fix.
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-05 04:12:12

>>> I think this may best be solved by the user adding linkflags=-ldl to the
>>>command line.
>
> Thanks, John. That worked for me.
>
> I am curious, why is the file icu-i18n.pc file (shown below) not yielding
> the
> -ldl flag.
> Is there a way to debug this. I am new to this.

Not sure I follow - that file will be used when you build ICU, but not by
Boost.Build when you build regex, so all you can really do in that case is
use it as a reference to see what libs are required by an ICU static lib.
Of course if you use ICU as a shared lib then none of this is relevant since
the .so is already linked against all it needs.

John.