Subject: [boost] [V1.46][Spirit] request for late minute changes to release branch
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-22 22:14:36

Hey release managers,

With the upcoming Boost release, we were planning to release a new feature
in Spirit (a dynamic data structure called utree) and everything seemed to
be fine. Unfortunately, we now discovered a flaw in the design of the new
code, which shows up under certain circumstances. The fix for that problem
changes the semantics of the utree/Spirit integration considerably.

Releasing utree now without being fixed means breaking its semantics with
the next release. That is something we would like to avoid.

We have two options:
a) fix it now, possibly delaying the release for a couple of days (until the
tests have cycled), or
b) pull utree from the release branch, which mainly means removing files and
adapting the test Jamfiles

Neither a) nor b) would have any consequences for other Boost code and both
are purely local to Spirit.

What would you suggest?

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com