Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.1] Should we try for a point release?
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-03 07:18:27

2011/3/2 Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]>:
> Beman Dawes wrote:

> yeah, and while we're at it, why don't we just label it 1.47 ?

... because the second segment of boost versions works as a clock tick
on quarters (of years). So we can estimate the age of a release and
the age of boost itself from that number. Obviously we missed the
opportunity to count decades with the first segment. Maybe we should
increment this digit every quarter of a century ;-) ... representing
the development speed in boost in a majestic manner.

Cheers,
Joachim

--
Interval Container Library [Boost.Icl]