Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review
From: Chad Nelson (chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-10 18:56:17

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:28:56 -0500
Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This is my review of the XInt library.

Thank you for the review, and the comments.

> [...] One area that does not follow this emulation of C++ integer
> types which I would like to see is the ability to convert back and
> forth to floating point types, since one can do this with built-in
> integer types. It would be very nice if this were part of the library
> since converting to C++ integer types and then to a floating point
> type will fail if the extended integer type is too large for a C++
> integer type. But the range of floating point types is large enough
> for most extended integer values. [...]

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found any definitive way to supply those
conversions. I think they could be done with a string conversion in
between, but I haven't tried it yet.

The rest of your comments have been noted for future implementation.

Thank you again.

--
Chad Nelson
Oak Circle Software, Inc.