Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Unable to locate boost main tree
From: Belcourt, K. Noel (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-12 01:07:34

On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:40 AM, Belcourt, K. Noel wrote:

>>> [ here's gcc-4.4.4 on the same hardware / os ]
>>>
>>> the following macros need to be defined
>>> BOOST_HAS_VARIADIC_TMPL BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_YIELD
>>> BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST BOOST_NO_FENV_H
>>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_TYPEINDEX
>>>
>>> the following macros need to be undef'ed
>>> BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES BOOST_NO_SCOPED_ENUMS
>>> BOOST_NO_EXTERN_TEMPLATE BOOST_NO_DELETED_FUNCTIONS
>>> BOOST_NO_DEFAULTED_FUNCTIONS BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME
>>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_INITIALIZER_LIST
>>
>> And that's totally screwy, to pick one example it says that
>> BOOST_NO_EXTERN_TEMPLATE need to be undefined, but it's only ever
>> set for
>> gcc-2.x!!

Here's results with your updated configure script for g++:

the following macros need to be defined
BOOST_HAS_VARIADIC_TMPL BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_YIELD

the following macros need to be undef'ed
BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES BOOST_NO_SCOPED_ENUMS
BOOST_NO_DELETED_FUNCTIONS BOOST_NO_DEFAULTED_FUNCTIONS
BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_INITIALIZER_LIST

and the results for Intel:

the following macros need to be defined
BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_YIELD

the following macros need to be undef'ed
BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_MACROS BOOST_NO_MS_INT64_NUMERIC_LIMITS
BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_INITIALIZER_LIST

Thanks for updating the configure script, seems to be working fine.

-- Noel