Subject: Re: [boost] A possible GSOC 2011 proposal idea
From: Eric J. Holtman (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 15:34:25

On 3/20/2011 3:09 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> I think you're underestimating the effort required to produce an LP
> library which would be considered acceptable to boost by two
> orders of magnitude.

I completely agree. Getting a basic LP running isn't
difficult. Getting one that's robust in a production
environment is a nightmare.

That being said, I think the smaller problem of getting a
nice, crisp boost front end done, with some drop-in
backends (for MATLAB, NAG, and a couple of good open
source solvers) would be great.

I've had to re-invent that wrapper a couple of times, and
I'm sure my attempts are horrendous. I freely admit to
sucking at library writing.