Subject: Re: [boost] [review scoreboards]
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 11:57:37

Sid Sacek wrote:

> I guess I didn't make it clear that this would be a web page on boost,
> and not just another email from the boost mailing list.
>
> http://www.boost.org/Scoreboard
>
> or
>
> http://www.boost.org/ReviewScoreboard

How important is it for you to read these reviews?

> What I would like instead is an active scoreboard. It would contain a
> single page for a particular review, the current count of yeas and
> nays, the people who actually contributed to the reviews, and links to
> their reviews. It would also contain a final status of the review, and
> any contingent actions needed for completion.
>
> I assume this does not yet exist, and if not, how difficult would it
> be to set up something like this?

It would have to be automated, it would have to work really well and
it would have to forward the reviews to the mailing list because most
mailing list members will still prefer to get them by email.

I think it's unlikely that someone will be willing to build such a
system for free.

> Or maybe I should ask whether anyone else would prefer something like
> this?

I suspect that most reviewers will prefer to stick with the mailing
list because they're reading the list anyway.

-Julian