Subject: Re: [boost] [inspect] exceptions (FW: [Boost-users] no exceptions)
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 15:27:51

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Krzysztof Czainski <1czajnik_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2011/3/22 Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>
>
>> Why use BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION to throw?
>>
>> - Typically, there is no need to do anything else to support
>> BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS builds;
>>
>> - Enables boost::exception_ptr, so the exceptions you throw can be
>> transported between threads;
>>
>> - Enables boost::error_info, so users can attach stuff to exceptions.
>>
>> - Enables better messages from boost::diagnostic_information.
>>

> +1
>
> What about boost/detail/no_exceptions_support.hpp? Could that file be moved
> to boost/exception for public use? I use it, but don't feel comfortable with
> it being in the detail directory.

This header is news to me. :) Maybe something like this could become a
documented part of Boost Exception.

I don't understand why the macros defined in no_exceptions_support.hpp
expand to if("") { } else if(!"") { } etc. in BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS
builds. Expanding to if(true) { } else if(false) { } seems more
appropriate to me.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.