Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] XInt Review
From: pavel (paul.cpprules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-26 13:46:47

by the way i have an idea which will easily allow to expose internals
of xint to satisfy demands of some reviewers

say, we have a set of different backends

lets call the current backend "sign_magnitude_beta"

then everything can be exposed in the namespace hierarchy like this:

  xint::backend::sign_magnitude_beta::some_entity

or

  xint::sign_magnitude_beta::backend::some_entity

then when chad desides to switch to a differnent (e.g. faster) backend
which may be called "sign_magnitude_v1" we got

 xint::backend::sign_magnitude_v1

_along_ with that "sign_magnitude_beta" on which some user code may be
dependent

this way the chance that xint lib breaks compatibility is almost zero
and simultaneously it doesn't limit the development in any way

eventually in some years the old (expired) backends may be removed

--
Pavel
P.S.