Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC Proposal Preparation For Encoding Awared String
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-29 22:06:31

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Soares Chen Ruo Fei <crf_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I also see that the standard committee recommend a rope proposal be
> considered for inclusion in Library TR2. Probably this is what
> Boost.Chain should be heading to?

Well, yes and no. ;)

I aim to address the issue of immutability mainly and efficient
concatenation/traversal with an implementation that is
memory-efficient (in use and requirements).

The only overlap between a chain and a rope is the efficient
concatenation/traversal characteristics. A chain will basically be
immutable as compared to a rope which still enables mutation.

HTH

--
Dean Michael Berris
http://about.me/deanberris