Subject: Re: [boost] [lexical-cast] version of lexical_cast in 1.46.1 is quite older than in trunk
From: Vladimir Batov (vbatov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-07 18:52:57

By no means I tried to suggest abandoning/ignoring lexical_cast. I am sure
it'll stick around for quite some time no matter what. I only tried to raise
your awareness of the fact that similar requests/suggestions/attempts have
been made in the past and for a number of reasons the overwhelming view on
this list was that it was better to leave lexical_cast as-is and to start
fresh.

That said, Boost libraries do use lexical_cast and I am sure would benefit
from any improvements in it. Just be prepared that those improvements might
be limited to the under-the-hood implementation and that the interface (my
biggest gripe) improvements might be ruled out. That was my (and people
before me) experience anyway.

V.