Subject: Re: [boost] [network] cpp-netlib v0.9-beta out now!
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-09 12:26:10

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 04/09/2011 09:10 AM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Steven Watanabe<watanabesj_at_[hidden]>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> This is inconsistent with the existing meaning
>>> of BOOST_XXX_NO_LIB, which is used to disable
>>> auto-linking.
>>>

>> Oh, okay. Thanks for pointing that out Steven. So what is the
>> recommended macro for disabling the requirement for external linking?
>>

> I don't think there's a convention.
> The only library which is optionally
> header only is Boost.Test, and it has
> a separate set of headers.

Okay, that sounds like a sane option as well. I'll see if I can
introduce a different set of headers for the external-linking case and
make the 0.8-style header includes default to header-only mode. That
should reduce the breakage for people upgrading from 0.8 to 0.9.

Thanks again for pointing that out Steven, it's feedback most appreciated.

--
Dean Michael Berris
http://about.me/deanberris