Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed Library Boost.Algorithm
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-09 15:54:50

(re-sending to the list)

On Apr 9, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Daniel Trebbien wrote:

>>> Coolness!
>>>
>>> Thanks Marshall! Is there some way you can get this into either a git
>>> repo or into the sandbox?
>>
>> It's already in a git repo - on my machine ;-)
>>
>> Seriously, though - what is the advantage (to you, to me) in having development versions in a public repo?
>> I can understand it if there are multiple contributors- but there are not (at this point).
>>
>> -- Marshall
>
> I too am interested in the git repo. There is a utility function that
> I am considering contributing, and I think that it would be easier for
> me to use GitHub's pull request system to send in a patch, or at least
> to use git's format-patch feature.

Daniel --

That is exactly the direction that I want to take Boost.Algorithm - once it is accepted.
Let people propose/contribute new algorithms, have them reviewed (hopefully a much easier task than a full-blown library review), and then add them to the library.

However, first the library needs to be accepted into boost - and that won't ever happen as long as it is being added to.

So, yes - I welcome your contribution; just not yet.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
       -- Yu Suzuki