Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed Library Boost.Algorithm
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-09 17:08:39

On Apr 9, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> On 31/03/2011 00:03, Marshall Clow wrote:
>
>> So, what's in this proposal?
>>
>> 1) Three search algorithms: Boyer-Moore, Boyer-Moore-Horspool and Knuth-Morris-Pratt. (search.hpp)
>
> Clearly the most interesting bit of the library IMO.

Thanks; I think so, too.

> However, it seems it only allows searching for the substring from the beginning to the end, a shame ; it should allow the other way around too.
> Bad dealing of reverse string searching in Boost.StringAlgo is the reason why I personally had to rewrite big chunks of that library for my uses.

I'm not sure what you mean here.
I'm assuming that a reverse_iterator adaptor doesn't do what you want.

>> 3) A set of predicates for determining other properties of a sequence, based on some suggestions for C++0x. (all.hpp)
>
> It could be argued the _if variants are useless in presence of the filter iterator/range adaptors.

I think that "useless" is too strong a term.
You might be able to convince me that they are "redundant", though.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki