Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC]SIMD Library
From: Gruenke, Matt (mgruenke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 14:33:34

On Tue 4/12/2011 2:17 PM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> On 12/04/2011 12:13, Gruenke, Matt wrote:
>
> > Efficient transpose (or at least extracting a batch of columns into
> > horizontal buffers) is also very important.
>
> I've been looking into how to adapt forward iterators of tuples into a
> tuple of iterators to memory contiguous by chunks, if that's what you mean.

Well, I see how this could be handled using iterators that maintain proxy objects. The challenges would be keeping the overhead low enough and finding the right abstraction boundary. For instance, if my goal is to rearrange data to make it contiguous on the axis over which I wantto operate, I don't want you to hide that from me. However, it would be nice if I could use the same interface for constructing a contiguous proxy from different input formats and datatypes.

Matt