Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Formal review of Boost.Locale library EXTENDED
From: Mathieu Champlon (m.champlon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-19 16:50:55

On 19/04/2011 13:25, Artyom wrote:

> If I can see that average employed C++
> programmers can't write understandable
> messages in English I promise that I'll think about
> the solution for next version of the
> Boost.Locale regardless if it is going
> to be accepted to the Boost or not.

Not only most of them cannot write messages in English, they actually
even cannot read them.
The view that the whole computer science industry uses English is really
a western centric thing.
I know it's hard to understand how it's possible to work in IT without
using English when that's what we've been doing our whole life, but it's
the norm in Japan and probably in other eastern Asian countries as well.

They are some download statistics for boost available here :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/stats/map
China and Japan are in the top 5.
How often do Chinese or Japanese ask questions on the boost users
mailing list ?

MAT.