Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Formal review of Boost.Locale library EXTENDED
From: Sergey Cheban (s.cheban_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-20 06:25:53

20.04.2011 0:54, Ryou Ezoe пишет:

> UCS and its encoding UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32 will be specified in
> upcoming C++0x standard.
> On the other hand, standard still does not say ASCII.
> The basic source character set does not cover all ASCII characters.
> So using ASCII is not portable.
You are right. translate("Peace") will not work if the source file is
EBCDIC-encoded and if the translations were made from the ascii-encoded
english. But with EBCDIC-encoded translations all probably will be OK.

You may even use CP932 for the translations (if the target language
strings can be encoded into CP932, of course. I mean, you can use CP932
directly if you want to "translate" your software to some japanese
slang/argot). Or, you may mix the different encodings in the translation
file (it is not easy, of course, to work with such files).

--
Sergey Cheban