Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] Time zone improvements
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-21 16:01:42

> >> As the primary maintainer of Boost date-time I can say with certainty
> >> that
> >> there is interest in this functionality -- it's long been on my todo list
> >> and I haven't had time to get to it. You can email me privately and we
> >> can discuss all the details of how to get your code incorporated.
> >
> > I'll do!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Rutger
> >

> Hi all,
>
> Apologies for digging up the past, but did this lead to anything? Did
> time_zone_base prove to be an adequate abstraction in this case?
>
> Best regards,
> Luke
>

>From the last look I had took on tz support in
Boost.DateTime (a few weeks ago)

It is completely broken.

I mean the base class seems to be technically fine but the actually
timezone database in Boost.DateTime is broken.

The time zone rules it uses are too simplified and
don't cover real use cases where for example
DST is changed by more complex rules then
"First Saturday of May" but these rules should
rather vary per year as well.

For example Asia/Jerusalem time zone (mine)
is not represented correctly.

The correct implementation needs a full
implementation of Olson database, which
absent in Boost.