Subject: [boost] Re : [Block Pointer] make_block
From: Pierre Morcello (pmorcell-cppfrance_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-30 03:31:12

Hi Phil, >>> Phil Bouchard <philippe_at_[hidden]> wrote : >>> We can see it in action >>> in the following example: >>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/block_ptr/libs/smart_ptr/example/block_ptr_test1.cpp A detail : I think you could improve your sample by replacing __FUNCTION__ by  BOOST_CURRENT_FUNCTION (which is more portable), or by writing directly the name of the function. >>>Is it time for a review? I looked for automated tests in the sandbox directory (not examples) and I did not find any. Instead of doing "cout", you could use a class like that : class ForTests {   static int counter; // incremented at each construction   int id; // id = current value of the counter in the constructor   static std::vector<int> destructionOrder; }; Each destruction pushes the id in the destructionOrder vector. Then at the end of the program you just need to compare the content of destructionOrder with what you should expect (and return 1 or 0). Also the same might be done for construction. Good job BTW, and good luck for the review, Pierre Morcello