Subject: Re: [boost] UTF-8 BOM and Boost.Build (was: Re: [locale] Review results for Boost.Locale library)
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-01 10:26:27

Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> On 01/05/2011 13:38, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>>> I'm not sure that's necessary, but what if I wanted to do that with
>>> header files as well, without having to list them all?
>>
>> It would require:
>>
>> - Using globbing to specify the headers
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to directly find all the headers included from a
> specific source file?

And bravely assume they are all UTF8?

> Doesn't Boost.Build do this already to deal with
> dependencies and recompilation?

It does, but it's done at the build engine level, when it's a bit late to

You seem to be moving the goals, though. What problem are you actually
trying to solve? What libraries in Boost want to use UTF8 sources, and
for what purposes? Will those libraries work on compilers that have no
way of parsing UTF8 files?

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus