Subject: Re: [boost] [review] string convert
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-02 12:16:26

Gordon Woodhull wrote:
> I think any author who really wants their library to be in Boost
> should be willing to submit it for a second review. And I think
> reviewers should tend toward conditions on acceptance rather than
> no votes. My two cents.

I think the least important element of any of my reviews has been the
headline yes/no "vote", since most proposals have had good and bad
aspects, so I have been worried that the last couple of review results
have actually called these "votes" and counted them. My recollection
(which may be flawed) is that in the past we avoided ever calling
reviews "votes".

Regarding second reviews, the counter-argument is that we have limited
reviewing resources and so authors should present their proposals in
what they believe is the final state. If an additional round is
needed, I would prefer that to be in the form of more "previews".

Regards, Phil.