Subject: Re: [boost] Cross-platform process library?
From: Jeff Flinn (Jeffrey.Flinn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-01 08:12:21

Gregory Crosswhite wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Since there is not yet a Boost.Process library, does anyone have a
> suggestion for a lightweight cross-platform C++ library for launching
> and monitoring (i.e. being able to tell if they die) child processes?

I've put the code from the recent boostcon "boost process" presentation
that Boris Schaeling and I gave at:

https://github.com/JeffFlinn/boost-process

Initial documentation is at:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1qdpxcJB51WMuNYlKYPkPcZZGuPj7zmeUPIpHCd-aetE

The intent is to get this completed and ask for review this summer. The
areas needing work are:

- docs
- unit tests
- environment variables support (currently inherits)
- improve POSIX child unused handle closing
- asynchronous joining/waiting

I've been successfully using this in my company's product for about 6
months on various flavors of Windows and Mac.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff