Subject: [boost] [container_bptree] updates and performance measurements
From: Vadim Stadnik (vadimstdk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-14 08:43:16

Hi all,
The code and documentation of the submitted library container_bptree have
been updated. The new version can be downloaded using this link:

http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=container_bptree_02.zip&directory=Containers&

1. For those who do not know this library I’d suggest before opening the
documentation to spend some time to the answer the following warm-up
question:

Is it possible to sum up any N consecutive numbers in less than N-1
operations?

2. The library and tests compile and run correctly on two C++ compilers:
MSVC++ 9/10 (tested with Visual Studio 2008/2010, including Express
editions), and GCC 4.5.2 (tested with MinGW).

3. Lists of template parameters of class templates have been modified to
simplify the generation of classes of STL variants of containers.

4. Performance measurements have been added to the documentation. They show
that submitted B+ trees are highly competitive with Red Black trees in basic
operations.

5. I would like to thank Beman Dawes for suggestion to adapt and apply map
tests from his project [BTree].

Class templates of the namespace container_bptree can be used to generate
three types of map containers with bidirectional and random access
iterators. All of them pass successfully the adapted tests on Windows
systems.

At this stage it would be particularly valuable in addition to my own tests
to run independent tests for associative containers with random access
iterators. This is why I am wondering if there are Boost libraries, which
include classes of such associative containers and test code.

6. Since I am a newcomer to Boost community I do not know how the current
level of quality of the library container_bptree meets Boost standards.
Anyone who tried the code and read the documentation is welcome to make
comments and suggestions. I am quite happy to implement another list of
improvements before the formal request for interest to this library.

Regards,
Vadim Stadnik