Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Schedule discussion
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-19 12:53:51

On 19 June 2011 13:23, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A 1.48 beta 5 weeks after 1.47 ships seems doable. That would be about
> August 8th, and then the release 3 weeks later, or about August 29.
>
> The 1.49 release then would be back on schedule for the first Monday
> in November.

If we want to have longer beta periods and point releases, it's worth
considering slowing down a little, perhaps 4 month release cycles,
giving 3 releases a year.

> To make the above happen, we would need to open branches/release for
> merges immediately after 1.47 ships. Or maybe create a branch now for
> 1.48.
>
> Thoughts?

I think we'll need to try to get major changes ready before the
release cycle starts. I'm mainly thinking about new libraries, IMO we
should require that they've been approved by the release managers
before this release cycle starts and have quite a short window for
them to merge (a 1.48 branch would make the easier).

I also have a new version of the unordered containers and some changes
to quickbook in the works, but they can wait if they must.