Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Schedule discussion
From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-25 15:18:40

Hi all,

Beman Dawes wrote:
> In the "[boost] [1.47.0] Release branch now closed" thread, Daniel
> James and I discussed possible schedules for 1.48:

out of pure curiosity: why not a Boost 2.0 release ? I think that 47
releases in the 1.0 series and an additional number of "point" releases is
enough to warrant an upgrade of the major version number. An extra long bug-
sprint might be in order, so that the hallmark of Boost 2.0 would not be an
incredible amount of new features, but incredible stability.

And I believe that, with an upgrade of the version number, we would see
quite a big effect in the number of users and in the press coverage of
Boost.

Just my Euro 0.02,
Rüdiger