Subject: Re: [boost] Question about useful libraries
From: Sebastian Karlsson (sairony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-28 07:17:49

2011/6/28 Denis Shevchenko <for.dshevchenko_at_[hidden]>:
> Hello all!
>
> I want to ask an important question to the leading developers of Boost.
>
> The fact that many programmers write to mailing list of Boost developers
> about their libraries. And they raised the questions about interest in their
> libraries and about inclusion their libraries in Boost.
>
> But very often proposed library (or library with similar functionality)
> already exists in Boost, or nobody is interested in a such library.
>
> Could you write about the subject areas and technical directions for
> libraries which would be *REALLY* useful in Boost today?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Denis

If I understand correctly you want people to chip on what they feel is
missing? If that's the case I do feel there's room for a fully
featured XML parser / writer library, and that is for numerous
reasons. First of all XML usage is very wide spread and I do believe
it's a fairly common 3rd party dependency. Secondly an XML parser /
writer can be written to a very high quality using the libraries
already present in boost ( spirit & iostreams comes to mind ), because
of this I think it could double as a great example for those libraries
as well as proving their viability. Furthermore I don't think there's
any really high quality C++ xml libraries out there, having been
forced to use a few. They're either written in C or severely flawed in
some way, sometimes both.

Kind regards,
Sebastian Karlsson