Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Regression test failures
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-30 03:47:19

On Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:10:07 AM Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Thomas Heller
>
> <thom.heller_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 29, 2011 07:37:30 AM Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> Neither the release managers nor ordinary users can possibly know for
> each library what issues are being worked on, what tests are expected
> to fail, or whether a problem is serious or simply cosmetic. We have
> to rely on the test results as displayed. And when a release is
> showing many failures, it doesn't look ready for prime time.
>
> So, please, do something:
>
> * Fix the underlying problem, or
>
> * Apply markup to indicate the test is expected to fail, or

Beman,
I tried to add an explicit failure markup for the test runners "Sandia-
gcc-4.5.2_0x" and "Maxime-gcc C++0x" for the two container tests that are
currently failing for phoenix. However, I don't know how to specify the
toolset in the case of the latter runner. The compiler is said to be
gcc-4.6.1, if i add this toolset to fail on this specific test, i would also
mark it for two other toolsets that are currently passing.
Is there any way this can be handled?

Additionally, I find it very hard to track wether a specifc commit caused the
tests to fail or not. Is there any mechanism that allows me to handle that
more efficent?

Greetings,
Thomas