Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [system] How are users expected to learn Boost.System?
From: Lee Richmond (lee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-09 20:29:52

On 10/07/2011 01:11, Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 20:15, Lee Richmond wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since Boost.System doesn't appear to have any documentation other than
>> its reference section, I'm wondering how users are expected to really
>> learn this library?
>>

> There is a series of blog articles related to C++0x system (and
> Boost.System) at
> http://blog.think-async.com/2010/04/system-error-support-in-c0x-part-1.html

I'm getting a "Server not found" error when trying to access your link?

Other than that, redirecting users to a blog post (assuming the user
wasn't immediately discouraged by the lack of user-guide/tutorial and
decided to ask at all, that is) hardly seems like the best strategy, IMHO.

My request for a proper tutorial to be part of the library's
documentation still stands.

Thanks,
Lee.

Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk