Subject: Re: [boost] logging
From: Jason Newton (nevion_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-13 20:54:47

Hello,

I've been lurking about and following the logging discussions off and on.
I'm saddened to see it hasn't made it into 1.47 which means I must get a
compatible patch from svn and compile it into my packages (on opensuse build
service) and cannot rely on distro maintainers boost packages. Andrey, if
you're reading this, consider getting it in if only to end the limbo of
logging in the cross-platform c++ environment and improving things from
there. Boost.Log is plenty fast (at least for my work which is composed of
threads and soft-RT stuff for which async logging helps with latencies) and
I trust it more than other libraries. From the examples I was also able to
make it pretty easy to use in my code environment. As a user I'd say it's
ready to use and it would be hard to find a better library.

Best,
Jason