Subject: Re: [boost] logging
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-14 09:44:19

On Jul 13, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Jeff Graham wrote:
> So after 16 months and 2 releases, what is the plan?

So, do you have another logging library to propose to Boost?

Seriously folks, yes it has been a long time, but the conditions on acceptance were pretty strong [1], including pretty much mandating Phoenix v3, which has only just been released. There's a thread from late March which explains all of this [2].

Speaking as someone who followed this review closely but found that others had already covered every point I could think of, it seems to me that Andrey chose an "everything including the kitchen sink" design (which I like) and it was bound to take a lot of work to bring it up to everyone's expectations. I urge patience.

Cheers,
Gordon

[1] http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2010/03/0256.php
[2] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/217266