Subject: Re: [boost] New version of Boost.Algorithm (proposed) in the vault
From: svarneticist (svarneticist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-16 19:34:06

Hello,

I tried using string search library and I got two problems.

First, the header "search.hpp" does not compile without -std=c++0x option on
gcc 4.5.2. I think Boost libraries should not require c++0x just yet.

Second, Boyer Moore search does not work correctly with some patterns. The
problem seem to cause small alphabet size (e.g., in DNA sequences). For
example, the following test fails:

The test completes successfully if I reduce pattern length or if I use
random characters from one of the library's test files.

I hope this problem can be resolved easily.

Thank you

Mikhail