Subject: Re: [boost] Intel compiler and Boost libraries
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-20 08:39:59

On 8/20/2011 1:13 AM, Nevin Liber wrote:
> On 19 August 2011 21:04, Edward Diener<eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> I am wondering how others have come by their copies of Intel C++ ?
>

> To repeat my reply to you when you brought this up a month ago:
>
> On 15 July 2011 18:34, Edward Diener<eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> For TTI I wanted to test Intel C++ but it is not free even though there is
>> a 30-day trial period.
>>
>>> I believe the Intel compiler is free for non-commercial use. Check out<
>>> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/>
>>> for more details.
>>

> Is that license not good enough for your purpose?

I do not remember why I ignored your previous reply, and did not
remember it when I posted this present message, but thanks for pointing
it out to me again. Although I prefer working on Windows rather than
Linux, I can certainly use Linux ( I have a slew of them in multi-boot
configurations ) and the free non-academic version Intel offers there.

Intel does not mention the free, non-academic version of their C++
compiler from their main web page for their compilers or software
development tools. makes it hard to find if one does not know about it.

Eddie