Subject: Re: [boost] [Conversion] Practical applications
From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-24 11:31:02

Gordon Woodhull <gordon <at> woodhull.com> writes:

> On Aug 24, 2011, at 8:36 AM, gast128 <gast128 <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Conversion isn't about string <-> type. You should try the proposed Coerce
> library for fast string <-> type conversions, esp if you are willing to spare
> some compile time in exchange.

Ah I see now, having scanned the documentation. The original post mentioned
something that it would support T <-> string. To answer the original question: I
have no practical use for this library. But then again, it is probably most
useful for (templated-) library writers.

2 side remarks:
1) Do i correctly understand that there will be 3 Boost libraries
dealing with string conversion (Boost.Convert, Coerce, lexical_cast).
2) I get constantly 'You have lines longer than 80 characters. Fix that.' when
posting from gmane.