Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Getting CVS read/write access boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-15 10:39:38

On 15 September 2011 14:26, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would like to get read and write access to boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net (to put up some html
> docs)'

You're using the wrong server, you need to use web.sourceforge.net.
Your user name for boost-sandbox should be 'pbristow,boost-sandbox'
(i.e. your sourceforge user name, followed by a comma, followed by
'boost-sandbox'). But the ssh access is only for uploading and
downloading files, so you won't be able to login directly using ssh or
putty. You should be able to use rsync and sftp.

Let's try logging in with filezilla (which I don't normally use, but
it's cross platform which is useful). Install it from:

    http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

When you run it, enter into the host input box:

    sftp://pbristow,boost-sandbox@web.sourceforge.net

Fill in your password and click 'Quickconnect' and you should have
sftp access. If that works then you know you've got write access to
the server.