Subject: Re: [boost] Name and Namespace for Potential Boost Extended Floating-Point
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-22 02:48:00

<snip> > It will be either "floating" or "mp_float". > I'll see how it looks on the code... > Thanks again for all the contributions. <snip> Boost.Multiprecision is available in the sandbox. It has: namespace boost {   namespace multiprecision   {     class mp_float { };     class mp_complex { };     mp_float sin(const mp_float&);     mp_complex sin(const mp_complex&);     // and many more functions, etc...   } } The original work "e_float" remains in the sandbox, but will eventually be removed. Anyone using, testing or benchmarking the old "e_float" can now migrate to Boost.Multiprecision. I replaced my own stuff like "my_lexical_cast" with boost::lexical_cast, used boost::array instead of tr1::array or std::array, etc. Before I document and adapt the test and build to the boost way, may I request some experienced designers to look at my architecture. I am *not* the best C++ architect in the world. It would be nice if any *significant* architectural suggestions come before I document it and wrap it up for potential submission. If you want to suggest architectural adaptation, though, please ensure that the change does not negatively impact the run-time performance of the *timed* test suite. This is high-performance mathematical software, offering world-class performance in its target digit range (< 200 decimal digits). Any architectural suggestions should check performance before change and after change. I will be unavailable from Sunday, 25-October until the last week of October, 2011. Sincerely, Chris