Subject: Re: [boost] vsix - template_profiler extension
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-01 10:38:28

On 9/30/2011 11:21 PM, Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:
> Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
> ---------------------------
>
> Immediately after "Profile Templates Instantiation" on a .cpp, with
> plenty of memory available (in fact there are no noticeable allocations
> before that error). Am I missing anything?

Interesting :). I'll try to catch some exceptions in the unmanaged
portion of the code to try and see exactly where in the process it
happens. Is that message what shows up in the Profile Build output window?

Here's what is typically shown in the output:

Profiling Instantiations on preprocess.cpp:

Instrumenting Code...
Running Profile...
Finalizing Data...

Total instantiations: 1266 ...

Do you happen to see any of those phases above being run?