Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 15:15:19

On 10/4/2011 11:26 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:
>> Surely if you'd run the whole boost regression suite on your local
>> machine before and after your changes, you'd have seen the
>> differences, no?
>
> No, I can't. I have limited time I can spend working on boost
> development. I cannot wait hours for full regression test to finish
> even once, not mention twice. I expect regression test system to deal
> with this. I resolving issues once I observe them online. I do run my
> own regression tests and they pass.

This is an unfortunate attitude, Gennadiy. As a maintainer of a critical
piece of boost infrastructure, you have a greater responsibility than
most to keep things in the green. Have you considered taking on an
assistant maintainer who can help you test changes against trunk?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing