Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 18:04:56

on Tue Oct 04 2011, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

>> So every time you do this and things break on trunk, it causes a big
>> kerfuffle. At this point, the magnitude of the actual inconvenience to
>> others is irrelevant; they're going to be upset because they've been
>> through this with you over and over.
>
> I think you might be overstating the severity of the problem.

I think you might be failing to read what I wrote. My point is that the
actual severity of the problem has become irrelevant at this point.
You're going to cause cultural friction even by creating a small problem
because people are frustrated.

> Is there any way to see in regression report which libraries are still
> affected by Boost.Test changes (since I reverted test_exec_monitor
> removal)

I don't know any more about what regression reports can be seen than you
do.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing