Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost interested in the Boost-based Base64 library
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-12 01:06:17

Fernando Pelliccioni wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Mathias Gaunard <

> I want to write a Converter for *base64_encoder* that works with
> Boost.IOStreams.
> Do you have a guide ?

Hmmm. ... that's exaclty what the base_64 code in the serialization
library does.

I would think that wouldn't be too hard to use for this porpose.

If one had nothing else to do this code could be used to
generated code_convert facets at compile time in a similar
manner to the way it generates string conversion code
at compile time. I believe that final result would be pretty
useful. It would be useful for all standard i/o streams.
I believe that it would be quite efficient - as I believe
the current library is. Making this as a library of
code convert facets would be a stricky job -as
any library which works with standard code and
real compilers and libraries is.

Robert Ramey