Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in to_string functions
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-13 05:33:00

Antony Polukhin wrote:

> 2011/10/13 Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet@>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> have you had time to work on the to_string standard function?
>
> I have.
>
> The main problem here, that there is no compiler that supports
> char16_t, char32_t and std::locale for them. There is no printf like
> functions for char16_t, char32_t. So I can not test to_u16string and
> to_u32string functions and can not implement some conversions.
>
> Until there is no full char16_t, char32_t support I`ll make some
> patches to Boost.Lexical_cast that will be required in to_string
> functions and implement to_string, stoX and to_wstring functions.
>
> When there will be some more work done, I`ll commit the sources to
> sandbox or to git and post a link here.

I think a lot of people will be more than happy to have char and wchar
versions of these function.

In particular I want to use them in Boost.Chrono. Of course, in the mean
time I'm using lexical_cast. Have you already a clear idea of the namespace
of these functions? boost? boost::string_conversions?

IMO, I would prefer just boost, as these are standard functions.

Thanks for your effort,
Vicente