Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in StaticVector - fixed capacity vector
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-13 22:36:44

On 13 October 2011 18:08, Andrew Hundt <athundt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> After comments by Nate Ridge, Dave Abrahams, and others, I have become
> convinced that push_back should be unchecked and exceeding the bounds
> should be undefined, with an option to turn on checking.

While I really disagree with this (as there are both use cases for it
and, more importantly, it is no longer a drop in replacement for
vector because your push_back will now behave differently), don't just
do it for push_back; do it for all the insert methods as well.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404