Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in StaticVector - fixed capacity vector
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-16 07:06:32

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:

> Why stick to this container? Why close this funcionality inside? You are
> all of the time debating about one case which should be handled
> differently.

I don't think that "potential number of elements not bounded by a
compile-time constant" can be reasonably classified as "one use case",
although you could legitimately argue that it should be handled differently.
That is, that people are holding it wrong. I kind of sense that you're a bit
frustrated at my holding it wrong. I also predict that many others will hold
it wrong. This could be their own fault, or it could be a design issue.