Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [Re:Opaque Typedef] observations on opaque typedef
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-20 14:33:04

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 20/10/11 09:43, Robert Ramey a écrit :

> there is a feature in C++11 that could respond to your needs.
>> struct debit :|dollar_amount
>> {
> using|||dollar_amount|::|||dollar_amount|;
> };
> This paper
> explain its relation to Opaque types.

Good information.

To me, you're proposal above looks quite interesting. It also looks
to be a whole different thing than BOOST_STRONG_TYPEDEF, OPAQUE_TYPE.
And the paper above uses strong_typedef for something more akin
to you're proposal above.

It seems to be that this is a ripe subject to get sorted out and that
a boost library would be a good vehicle for doing this. your
OPAQUE_TYPE proposal would be part of this. We'd end
up with a couple of "things" which might or might not be

Robert Ramey

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at