Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [Re:Opaque Typedef] observations on opaque typedef
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-20 14:33:04

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 20/10/11 09:43, Robert Ramey a écrit :

> there is a feature in C++11 that could respond to your needs.
>
>> struct debit :|dollar_amount
>> {
> using|||dollar_amount|::|||dollar_amount|;
> };
>>

> This paper
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2006/n2141.html
> explain its relation to Opaque types.

Good information.

To me, you're proposal above looks quite interesting. It also looks
to be a whole different thing than BOOST_STRONG_TYPEDEF, OPAQUE_TYPE.
And the paper above uses strong_typedef for something more akin
to you're proposal above.

It seems to be that this is a ripe subject to get sorted out and that
a boost library would be a good vehicle for doing this. your
OPAQUE_TYPE proposal would be part of this. We'd end
up with a couple of "things" which might or might not be
related.

Robert Ramey

Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk