Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48] Release notes
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-24 13:30:19

Hi Daniel,

Hopefully I'm still on time. Below the release notes on Boost.Geometry

On 23-10-2011 22:54, Daniel James wrote:

> Alternatively, you can just email me your changes and I'll make them.

Bugfixes:
* Robustness issue, in some circumstances the union failed to output. Fixed.
* Robustness issue, in some circumstances the calculated intersection
point was outside the segment. Fixed.
* Concept issue, cartesian intersect didn't understand segments other
than the provided one. Fixed.
* Sometimes self-intersections in linestrings were missed. Fixed.
* The fusion coordinate system was not registered correctly. Fixed.

Solved tickets:
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5726 (Segment intersection
algorithm still assumes 'first', 'second' members)
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5744 (mistake fusion adapt
example)
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5748 (need include
<boost/foreach.hpp>)
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5954 (distance_pythagoras
skips sqrt() step)

Improvements on algorithms:
* Checking self-intersections is now not done automatically, this can
blast performance.
* Besides that, checking self-intersections is made faster.
* Intersections now avoid outputting duplicate points. So they output
the minimal set.

Additional algorithms:
* covered_by: within is defined as "within, not on boundary". covered_by
is "within or on boundary"

Additional functionality:
* within: strategies can now be specified for within<point, box> and
within<box, box>
* convert: a much broader range of conversions is supported
* assign: idem, (currently partly) synonym for convert (but reversed
arguments)

Additional coordinate types:
* Basic support for Boost.Rational

Thanks, Barend