Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0.beta 1][interprocess] detail namespace
From: Jan Boehme (jan.boehme_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-28 07:27:22

On 10/28/2011 12:12 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 28/10/11 11:12, Jan Boehme a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> is the change of the name of the namespace 'detail' to 'ipcdetail'
>> intended to be in the release? Isn't it over-qualified as it is located
>> in the the namespace 'boost::interproces' anyway?. Btw it breaks our
>> code and should mentioned in the release notes of the library.
>>
> I guess that the detail namespace was not documented in the previous
> release. In this case the author has the freedom of changing any
> implementation detail. IMO, Ion has a good reason to do it.

I'd bet.

> How your code is broken?

It's nothing dramatic. It's caused by the new name of this namespace and
the usage of some members of it in an extension. I wanted to have it
confirmed to make sure our adaptions can remain after an official 1.48
release. Our code must support various Boost version so we solved it
using the pre-processor.

> Best,
> Vicente

Cheers, Jan.